Monday, December 12, 2016

Christmas Wrapping...

At a recent holiday soiree me and my  galpal got in our cups and cracked ourselves up by commenting on the lack of relevancy in the Christmas music playing on the hifi.   Thought I'd share a bit of our  sarcasm and some snippets of our conversation as we wittily pointed out the obvious. 

It's The Most Wonderful time of the Year?
Well, ready or not, the madness is here!

All I Want for Christmas?  That song is so cloying and
dogs barking Jingle Bells is just plain annoying.

Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire...okay,
but third degree burns would not be good today.

Dashing all the way, in a one horse open sleigh?
To my pre-heated Jeep is really more the way!

Walking in a Winter Wonderland?  Brrr..rrrrrr!
I much rather have my toes in warm sand!

Jingle Bells and a one horse open sleigh?  Two
more things that seem to have gone by the way.

Baby, it's cold outside-known at 'the date rape' song?
Let her go home already!  She's been there too long!

Let it Snow?  It closes down our city, but I'll just stay in
and write you all this silly little ditty!

Guess I'll have to just give up and sing along,
even if it's an outdated and irrelevant holiday song.

And lucky for you, you can't hear my warbles and trills,
along with my  poetry, I simply have no skills!


3 comments:

the walking man said...

No skills? I found your verse highly amusing.

Charles Gramlich said...

Well played! I can hear these in my head.

jodi said...

Mark-Hearing that from you means soooo much to me! xo Charles-I had fun with this! Love to you two. xo