Monday, January 30, 2017

Tommorow's Gonna be Another Day..

Scarlett O'Hara-a woman I greatly admire once said, "I can't think about that right now.  If I do, I'll go crazy.  I'll think about that tomorrow." 

Scarlett a resourceful girl-in-a-green-curtain-gown, was known for putting things off.  And I share that quality as well.  Not the resourcefulness, but the procrastination.

Yesterday, in my cozies, I once again thought of reasons NOT to undecorated my mantle and Christmas tree.  I realize it's past time to do this task, but I needed to read the Sunday News as well as the Macomb Daily.  I hadn't checked my Facebook since, well, earlier in the day.  Some movies I recorded needed my undivided attention.  And since I put off going to Kroger, I needed to dream up a creative dinner option with sparse items in my larder. Sigh... Feeling completely overwhelmed, maybe a nap was in order to clear my head and put things into perspective.  And so it goes...

My bills get paid but arrive at their places just in the nick of time.  I get gas in Rocco only after the bell pongs it's warning about a thousand times.  I pack the night before a vacation-hate to rush into things!  I routinely miss the warm up of my classes at the gym; however, that may not be an accident.  I always put off unloading the dishwasher, a job that takes all of 3 minutes-I know, cuz I've timed it.  Really, it's just poor time management.

I realize how stupid and how much extra stress I cause myself by doing this.  I put things on a list, mull and assess them, worry a little on how I'm ever going to get it all done.  I spend more time planning and stressing than the actual job takes!

But I'm trying..it's a goal of mine to STOP putting the 'pro' in procrastination.  But, hey, ya gotta be good at something-right?  Yep, I'll get right on it. "After all, tomorrow is another day."  Scarlett O'Hara says so, and that's good enough for me!  xo


5 comments:

bd said...

I think you must take after the Bushey side of the family. I seem to have the same problems.

the walking man said...

For a long time now I don't care to do today what can easily be done tomorrow. makes no sense not to have something to look forward to.

Erik Donald France said...

Haha, Jodi. Reminds me of that Wall of Voodoo song, 'Tomorrow:'

Wake up in the morning, pull myself out of bed
Think about the night before and everything I said
I made lots of promises I know that I can't keep
So I'll do it tomorrow -- that seems like a pretty good idea to me

Life is moving faster, I can feel it everyday
And I've got trouble keeping up with what other people say
Big problems in the world, but my life's just a social swirl
See -- but I'll do it tomorrow -- that seems like a pretty good idea to me

Which reminds me, I need to get an oil change for my car . . .

Charles Gramlich said...

oftentimes I find that making the list is easier than doing the tasks and it makes me feel like at least I'm getting something done

jodi said...

Aunt Bev, I'm sure you are right cuz my Mom is most assuredly NOT a procrastinator!
Mark-I only put off things I am not looking forward to! xo
Erik-that's the jam, perfectly! I just hate the minutia of life! Can't I just drink wine and read?
Charles-I'm a lister for sure, especially since I seem to forget everything without a list! Have a great week my friends! xo