Monday, January 23, 2017

Way Down we Go...

Hey, I'm back in the land of the living!  Yes, some strong anti-b's have finally kicked out this nasty infection (throat and tonsils) I've been struggling with.  Happy to be out and about and feeling almost normal.

Tonight I attended a training session for Families Against Narcotics that involves the 'Hope not Handcuffs"' program.  Basically, any addict can walk into any police station in Macomb County and be eligible for help.  My training involved learning to be an "Angel", (no wisecracks from the peanut gallery, MD!) that assists the addicts until a bed in rehab is found.  This program has been piloted all over in Michigan, but never to the size and extent of a county the size of Macomb.  I will be called on to sit with and take info to help the person get the help he or she needs.  I am very proud to be involved in such an important program.  I have found my spot in dealing with the addicts.  I love it.  And y'all know...being an angel just comes naturally to me...

Then tomorrow morning, Rocco and I are pointed due north to Ossineke.  Wednesday night I will be speaking my cause to the good people of Rogers City, Michigan.  My book has had a spike in interest lately and I committed to this event last spring.  Hope I can help someone-it's my life these days.

More good things on the horizon and I'll keep you filled in.  Till then, if you get a sore throat that will not let up, run-not walk and get the anti-b's.  It's what it takes to bite this bug in the butt!

Love and peace and I'll try to keep my halo on straight while spending time with my sister and brother!  xo


4 comments:

the walking man said...

"...being an angel just comes naturally to me..." Uh huh. yup. Sure do. here have a peanut.

Charles Gramlich said...

Very glad you are feeling better!

Michelle Gordon said...

Glad your feeling better and I love this new program going on for addicts, I've put my notifications out to people I know who would benefit from the program and each day I pray to hear from them hoping they get the strength to say enough is enough

jodi said...

Mark-I knew you'd bust my chops on that! Peanuts-no. Coffee-yes. Soon! xo
Charles-3 weeks was enough of that shizz! It feels so good to feel good!
Michelle-Hi Lovely! It IS a very cool program. Call me if you ever need help with this issue. Kiss and Hugs to all!