Monday, September 11, 2017

Whatever it Takes...

  September is National Recovery Month, a cause that is near and dear to my heart.  Families Against Narcotics is fighting the opioid epidemic and is committed to assisting in recovery from addiction in any and every way possible.  I am proud to be on that team.

With today being September 11, let's all take a moment to remember the families and the victims of that horrible attack.  I know this has been a rough recovery for those suffering as well as the nation.  I pray for healing and peace for all, as well as our nation.

Hurricane Harvey had us all counting our blessings and praying for the relief from the devastation that was brought down on Texas.  Lives lost and changed forever.  God bless them all as they move through this tragedy.

Then there is Irma.  Randy and I love the Keys like no other and have been nervously watching to see how the landscape of our special area would be changed.  We personally got lucky this time with minimal damage to our future retirement home.  We love the area so much and hate to see one single palm frond damaged.  But the Conch's are a tough bunch and will power through this mess.  I only wish I could be there to help.  I thank the Lord for sparing us.  Also, my family in Marco Island that also got away with minimal damage.  It has been a very nervous, nail biting time for us all.

I need to take a moment to thank the many friends that have contacted us virtual or reality, and expressed their care, concern and love during this scary time as we watch the possibility of our hard work literally being blown/washed out to sea.  I love you all and can't express the comfort that your have been. xoxoxoxo

AND to add insult to injury, Randy and I have had some stomach virus for the past 9 days.  Really, nine days?  Yep.  On and off, miserable.  But we are finally feeling better and recovering.

Even Mickey is in on it.  I hauled his cookies to the vet today for a minor surgery and he is home now and recovering nicely.  Ham and cheese treattreats have soothed his pain.

So, is it too much to hope for a solid nights sleep?  Maybe turning off the weather channel for a good movie?  Having a day with no stomach cramps?  Just a normal day with no treat of some type of apocalypse peering around the corner?  

I am physically and mentally exhausted.  But grateful.  As always, things could be worse.  We are safe and warm with power and water and food.  We will recover and life will go on. 

Have a good week-it's bound to be better.  Peace and love.  xo

2 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

A lot of things to remember and commemorate at the moment. Not always easy to do

jodi said...

Charles-You are the best! xo