Monday, September 18, 2017

'You've got a Friend'...

Back in the day two single mom's were looking for love in all the wrong places.  Tami and I shared each others hope for what life could eventually be for us.  We commiserated, we shopped, drank cheap wine, dined and danced, and dreamed.   Boy, did we dream...

Both hoping for a relationship that would share our goals and more importantly accept our children, finding a perfect mate would be something of a challenge.  We dated and discussed, rued and regretted.  But through it all, we supported and loved and laughed.

Too soon, our paths diverged-in a big kind of way.  I found my forever love and she found hers.  I moved to Detroit and she moved to Italy.  Yes, Italy.  Made staying in touch a bit of a challenge.  But I thought of her often, and smiled every time.  We had found love and were happy.

At my Father's funeral, Tami walked in and surprised me.  As you can imagine, it was like no time had passed.  I longed to hear more of her adventures in life and love.  She has always been my 'Carrie Bradshaw' and I needed to meet her 'Mr. Big.'  And then it happened......

Tami and Don transferred back to Detroit and we have picked up where we left off.  With always the warmest of hugs, Tami and I, as well as Don and Randy have had the chance to continue our friendship.  It is the BEST thing you can imagine.  Tami gifted me with a simple metal and leather bracelet that features an infinity loop.  Upon seeing it, she thought of our friendship.  It means everything to me and I love to wear it with her on my mind.  xo

As Tami and Don are now living in New York where 'friends' meet at coffeehouses and Carrie Bradshaw goes out for Manhattans.  But it's also were two old friends can hook up and share each others lives. 

As the circle goes around, I am so grateful for the finer things in life-the friends that have shared the good times and the bad.  I love where we are now and Tami and I can share how are dreams do come true.  And that's what friends are for. See you soon for a glass or two of wine-the good stuff! 
 Love you, Girl.
xoxo


2 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

Glad you two are friends.

jodi said...

Charles-there's nothing quite like that connection! Have a great week.