Monday, October 23, 2017

Hip to my Heart...

Last Saturday I was surprised to be feted at a surprise gathering in my honor.  As I walked into the Fresh Palate, friends and family gathered to toast me.  Huh, me?  My cousin Shannon handed me a glass of wine and said, 'This is for you.'  I thought she meant the wine..

As I looked around the packed room at all the smiling faces that came from as far as Ann Arbor, I had to take a moment to understand what was happening.  My old friend, Rose McWilliams had me take a seat and presented me with an award her Better Living Massage Center and Spa gives out every year.  I was completely gobsmacked as she explained the basis of the award.  Seems I was nominated and chosen as this years honoree. Rose read the award and presented me with a gorgeous, personalized spa robe along with a certificate for two for a full spa treatment.  But that was not all-Rose created a 'Whispering Mermaid' bath bomb that she will sell at her spa.  A portion of the profits will go to a local charity of my choice.  The name honors the little angel voice that I have whispering in my ear along with my mermaid love.  I tried to explain to everyone that my motives are not as unselfish as they may seem.  I try to help others because the 'whisper in my ear' would have wanted me to.  It simply heals my heart and helps Dane live on through others.

Cards, hugs, more wine and well wishes from a group that brings tears to my eyes for the love and support they have shown me in my efforts to recover from the loss of Dane and move on.  I am humbled and honored and renewed in my efforts to help others recover from addiction and or mental illness.

Thank you to my secret keeping, lyin' for the cause, conspiratorial family and friends.  To my pal Rose-we go way back-for making me feel so special.  And my cousin, darling Shannon for the nomination.  I love you all and vow to "Feel Better and Live Better."  xoxo

8 comments:

Cheryl said...

I wish I could have been there. You so deserve this recognition!

Unknown said...

What an awesome and well deserved honor.

Unknown said...

Such a lovely way to honor what you have done on your journey.
We are all VERY proud of the path you are taking and providing to those who are lost..feel alone, and hopeless.

Unknown said...

Such a lovely way to honor what you have done on your journey.
We are all VERY proud of the path you are taking and providing to those who are lost..feel alone, and hopeless.

Charles Gramlich said...

Wow, that's very cool. Congrats!

the walking man said...

Jodi you always put your whole being out there--I am glad someone found a "Jodi" way to recognize that.

jodi said...

Love you, Sissy! xo
Renee,You should know, Doll!
Gayle, as one of my oldest and dearest supporters, I cannot say enough. Luv, you! xo
Charles, it IS totally amazing to me!
Mark, I love your support-always have, always will. xo
Love to you all! xo

UplayOnline said...

You so deserve this recognition!


แคมฟรอก