Monday, October 16, 2017

Moving Stones...

Last week while sharing Cheryl's retirement, it dawned on me that my 'career' has not been as consistent.  For 39 years she had ONE job.  And while I admire her tenacity, my colorful 'career' has been no less fulfilling.  I may have even learned a few things.  I've decided to try to recall my jobs...
I have-in no particular order worked as:
*A Waitress, yes were not yet called servers.
*A child care provider.  Okay, a babysitter
*A real estate secretary-for one week...never got the hang of transferring calls!
*I taught gymnastics for a summer school-twice.  I still love to cartwheel and stretch!
*I've taught a few yoga classes....Ohhhmmmmmmm.......
*A travel agent and I can still rock the cheap reservation.
*A dental assistant.  My brother in law made it so fun!
*A bartender and I've got the stories to prove it.
*A hair stylist and nail tech, and I still love that business.
*A furniture sales person.  I know how to buy a good mattress and sofa!
*I put in some time in our warehouse-I had an in with the boss!
*I worked as an aerobics instructor/weight trainer and yes, I wore a leotard and leg warmers!
*A roofing estimator and with my dubious math skills, that was a real challenge.
*I worked in retail and gave back my whole paycheck for clothes.
*I was a masseuse, and yes, I was properly trained.
*A writer, 'Love is the Drug' my one and only story of love and hope.
*A blogger-8 years and counting.
I probably have forgotten 2 or 10 other employment opportunities, but I think you get the picture.  I have always regretted not furthering my education (aside from Beauty School and Masseuse Training) but I'll never regret the things I have learned and the people I met.  With my short attention span, my various jobs seemed to suit me.  I loved the exploring and jumping in and learning new skills.  Variety is the spice of life-right? 
Speaking of spice, if I only could land my dream job of cookie taster in a fine bakery.  Now that's a job I could stick with.  Have a sweet week, my darlings! xoxo



6 comments:

Julie LaFleche said...

You forgot one...even though you weren't compensated monetarily for it, that "job" was FRIEND. And you are very good at it.��

Julie LaFleche

the walking man said...

Interesting just as I got really good as an industrial toilet scrubber and floor buffer I was promoted to etouffee chef. I got fired from that job because I couldn't stop laughing at the word etouffee.

Charles Gramlich said...

Other than a few summer jobs as a teenager, I tend to get a job and stay in it a long time. In fact, I'm in my 32 year at Xavier

jodi said...

Julie, You are so sweet and that is my MOST important job. Hug, Sweetie.
Mark-You can't let that go can you? Miss you ya big, nut!
Charles-32 years is amazing! I'm sure you rock that job. xo

UplayOnline said...

I got fired from that job because I couldn't stop laughing at the word etouffee.


แคมฟรอก

jodi said...

Roth, Meet you at Fishbone's for a big, hot, tasty plate of seafood etouffee!