Monday, July 2, 2018

Sweetener...

How 'bout this blazin' hot weather?  Holy sweathog it's hot!  Luckily I was in the thumb for the weekend where the temps were slightly cooler and we got a nice breeze off of the lake.

Upon arriving at my happy place, I took a long stroll down the beach searching for the treasures that make me happy.  My hunt yielded me three pieces of beach glass, one heart shaped stone, a perfect clam shell, and four feathers.  What's better than an hour or so of mindless strolling and picking up natures jewels?  I would rather 'shop the shore' than a retail store any day!

Later, at the bonfire, (it cooled off enough to warrant one!) we noticed that the moon was full and bright orange.  And the next day, while enjoying the deck, a monarch butterfly worked hard to pollenate a nearby milkweed plant. It was gorgeous and I've not seen one in years.  I laid in my hammock and read for hours-lost in a great book.

Needless to say, it was a great weekend, just doin' what comes naturally.

Now if only that damn Lake Huron would warm up past 63 degrees, I could add swimming to my list of favorites.  Gone are the days when my sister and brother and I would swim 'till our lips turned blue.  I've gotten wimpy in my old age-that's for sure!

Enjoy the Fourth y'all.  Roast a hot dog, eat a s'more, marvel at nature and maybe, just maybe, take a dip in some freezing cold water-even if it's your shower, I guarantee you'll feel alive.

Happy 4th. of July!   XO


No comments: