Monday, July 16, 2018

Unstoppable...

Did you ever just straight up be proud of someone? As I sat at the 4th. of July BBQ, I was busting my buttons over this charming, smart friend.   Although I didn't have any buttons, well....it's obvious that I was busting outta something....

Meet Cory Messing.  I met Cory about 18 years ago at our beach house up north.  We are dear friends of his parents and Cory got dragged down to our bonfires.  Over the years he had put up with me visiting the family farm and asking a million (stupid!) questions.  Do the cows have names and do you know them all?  Which ones are boys and which ones are girls?  Who's a heifer? Can I pet them?  I have oohed and aahed over the baby cows-they are called calves, Jodi, as well as piglets and kittens.  I love farms and animals and Cory was a very patient tour guide and barely smirked over my 'Cityot' demeanor.

As the years flew by and Cory was in high school, we understandably saw less of him.  But we always looked forward to when he would drop in, and again, indulge us as we asked him how school was going and remarked on his growth spurt.  Always polite and respectful, it was a joy watching him grow up-a fact we marveled about at his graduation party.

Cory is now almost 27, a Registered Nurse and an engaged man.  He drove up for the day to attend the BBQ and thoughtfully answered all of our health questions.  As an R.N. in the E.R.,he has seen so much.  I couldn't be prouder of this soft spoken, giant of a man.  Did I mention he is 6'6" tall?  The proverbial gentle giant!

Next year when Cory marries it will again be a very proud moment.  He is everything you could ever want in a son and a friend.  I feel happy and lucky to know him.  

And proud, very proud.  Hugs my friend-even if I have to get on my tip toes! XO


3 comments:

Lori Mess said...

Couldn't be more proud of this man I have the honor calling Son. Love him & this wonderful article. Thanks Jodi ��

Erik Donald France said...

Nifty fifty, Jodi ~ great tribute to a cool dude ~ cheers ~ !

jodi said...

Lori, we love sharing your son with you!
Erik- I wish, Babe! 60 is the new 50-I hope! xo