Monday, July 23, 2018

Times Like These...

So...Last fall, on a typical friends outing, four couples came to the stunning realization four of us would be celebrating major milestones birthdays-all in July-all as Cancerians!  After a few cocktails we vowed that we would have a birthday banger fit for a 30, 40, 50 and 60 year old.

On Saturday we all gathered at gal pal Kristen (and Bob's) house for the big celebration.  Because we are all cancerians, it was perfectly fitting that we feast on king crab legs and filets.  Bobby, celebrating his 50th., provided steaks and crab legs and Kristin set the gorgeous table pictured above. We convened to the garage bar for apps and drinks and celebrated our cleverness at realizing the kismet of our birthdays coupled with the perfect century numbers that our ages were turning.   I was 60, Bobby was 50, Shannon was 40 and Nicole was 30 (dirty!)  Four generations having a great time and marveling at the friendship that spanned time.  In addition to the wonderful dinner, Kristin provided a luscious cake that had enough candles to alert those hotties at Harrison Twp. Fire Dept.!! It was a very special night for me.

I have to admit, turning 60 is a bit of a quandary.  I can't believe how fast time has flown by and I now am very careful to slow down and enjoy life more-before it entirely passes by.  I enjoy and savor every single moment.

My sister and my Mom, along with my brother surprised me at the beachhouse last Friday for a full weekend of celebrating.  We shopped, ate, drank and walked the beach together.  It was nothing short of a perfect party for me.

My family and friends give me life, in every way.  The benefit of growing older is realizing and savoring these precious moments and storing the memories away for the darker days.

Thank you all, my Dolls. You are the best and mean the world to me.  I love you all so much.
XOXO

2 comments:

Erik Donald France said...

So fun, Jodi! Time is precious, at all those milestones and in between.

Cheers ~ !

jodi said...

Erik, you are so right. The journey is half the fun. Salut' to you my friend. xo