Monday, September 24, 2018

Offence...

It was an event that defied all odds.

Akin to finding a needle in a haystack, getting struck by lightening, or me fronting a rock band and winning a Grammy-the odds of the Lions trouncing the Patriots were mighty slim.  But they did it!  And Randy and I and Kristin and Bob decked out in our colors, fanned hard.  Because it's not what you know, but rather who you know (Bill Ford!), we all were treated to excellent seats as well as the privilege of being on the field before the game, where we witnessed warm ups and spandex (did I just say that?) up verrrry close.  I even hugged a Lion-one named Rory!  It was a fun and exciting afternoon and night.

But the biggest odds of all were defied by none other than Kristin and I!  Las Vegas as well as local odds makers had us coming in 100,000.00 to 1.  Yep, the odds of Kristen and I staying in our seats for than 20 minutes and actually watching the game, were also NOT a strong bet.  Being accused of being a 'waste of a ticket,'  I'll have you know that we made it until after half time!  We had to stick around to see 'Lil John pose the burning question, 'Turn down for what?'  After that, and as predicted, we bolted up to get another cocktail and peruse the overpriced souvenir kiosks. Had the cocktails been allowed in the stores, purchases would have been also good odds.

So, to recap, I witnessed the Tigers spank the Yankees in NYC and now the Lions beating the Patriots.  Hmmmmm....Coincidence?  I think not!  But we will see for sure once the Red Wings and the Pistons start their season.

Wanna bet? XO

No comments: