Monday, October 15, 2018

Better Boat...

Been feelin' kind of melancholy lately.  Maybe it's the weather. I don't know..  I listened to a song by one of my favorites-Kenny Chesney and felt like he wrote the tune about me.  As if!  Read these words and ask yourself if you don't feel that way sometimes.

Better Boat  by Kenny Chesney

  I ain't lonely, but I spend a lot of time alone
More than I'd like to, but I'm okay with staying
                        home
  My how the last few months have changed
        I'm smilin' more despite the pain

     I breathe in, I breathe out
Got friends to call who let me talk about
What ain't working, what's still hurtin'
All the things I feel like cussing out
     Now and then I let it go
   I ride the waves I can't control
I'm learning to build a better boat

Yep, I'm workin' on it.  Purging junk, letting go,  ignoring negativity, practicing self care, trying to see the big picture without focusing on the small ones.

Just building a better 'boat.'  Hugs to you, my friends.

P.S.  Dig the old pic of a biker wannabe chick!

2 comments:

Erik Donald France said...

Hope you get to feelin' better, Jodi.

Cool photo ~ ~ !

jodi said...

Hi Erik, I'm fine...stuff comes and goes. Hugs, friend. xo