Monday, October 22, 2018

Words I Hear...

The odds of winning the near billion dollar lottery was 1 to 302,575,350 last week.  But because I didn't but a ticket, my odds were even sadder.  People all over were dreaming and scheming on how their winnings would be spent.  But there was no winner, so the lottery rolled over to this week.

 Over the weekend, while visiting the fam up north, my brother suggested some gambling with decidedly better odds. Sliding into the local Eagles club, we purchased 50/50 tickets, Queen of Hearts chances, and something called Bingo Balls.  With only about 80 people in the club, our odds were pretty good.  Securing seats at the bar and procuring cocktails, we laid out our tickets and waited for the results.  The 50/50 winner was announced and we were quickly able to tear up our losers.  Something called the Queen of Hearts happened and I didn't really understand the concept.  But it wasn't my name that was called.  Next up was the Bingo Balls game.  It generally follows the bingo format with the main difference being that you must yell Bingo Balls if you get your numbers covered.  When I needed only one number, I started to get nervous.  I was informed that I had a 'hen on.'  The next number called was mine.  BINGO BALLS!  Under envious stares, I pranced up with my ticket and collected the tidy sum of $100.00.  Whoo Hoo!  Now that's what I'm talkin' about!  

In other odd news, how about the story of the dude that got run over by a lawnmower while trying to kill his son with a chainsaw?  What are the odds of  those words in a sentence describing an actual event?  And in Alaska where there are more men than women, you have greater odds of meeting your dreamboat.  Only one problem-the odds are good but the goods are odd!  Local lore says so. 

  I tell ya, I can't make this stuff up. Enough of all this odd talk.  Hope you all are lucky enough to have a spectacular week.  XO




No comments: