Monday, November 5, 2018

A New Flame...

Well, whaddaya know-it's National Red Hair day and I happen to have my favorite red head (okay strawberry blond), by my side. 
Yes, it's my sister extraordinaire!  We are gettin' up to no good, something we always do whenever we have the chance.  Lisa takes after my Dad who also had hints of red in his hair.  Crazily enough, my hair is blond(ish) and my brother grew up with a brown, natural afro.  The variety in our hair color was the source of much speculation as we grew up.  But regardless,  Lisa is the best red haired-or any colored hair- sister ever.

Once upon a time, I decided to try out the red hair thing.  I fearlessly colored my hair a dark red and was kind of dismayed when it fell out to a light red in the shower.  No matter, having red hair totally changed the way I felt about myself.  I immediately felt dark and mysterious.  I began wearing a trench coat and I even drew a beauty mark above my lip.  I felt so exotic and  unapologetically smarter.  People seemed to take me more seriously.  I featured myself as a modern day Brenda Starr and even took to wearing my hair over one eye. It was a heady, old Hollywood feel-and I loved it.  It was all strut and winks until the color faded.  Light pink hair was none of the above, and I hated it.  Back to the blonde(ish) color and my regular old self.  It was fun while it lasted but I think I'll leave the role to my sister. Nobody does it better.    Hope your day was as special and unique as you are Lisa. 
 Love from the Blond(ish!) one! xoxo(

No comments: