Monday, December 17, 2018

Lost Control...

Recently, I saw an ad for the medication Vraylar which is being used to treat bi polar and manic episodes.  Hmmm, I thought, that's a new one for me.  I watched with amazement as the possible side effects scrolled up the screen.  Dizziness, drooling, weight gain, fainting, seizures, severe confusion, and uncontrollable movement of mouth and tongue.  ARE YOU KIDDING ME?
This drug sounds like it would induce a psychotic episode or two..

Back in the day, Dane would gleefully shriek with giggles when it was explained that the weight loss drug Alli, was known to cause gas with excessive oily discharge.  It was advised that you carry a spare change of clothes and perhaps an adult diaper.  Don't want to experience an 'Alli Oops' in public!

When I decided to investigate side effects a little deeper, I learned that the drug Xeloda causes your fingerprints to disappear.  Not real painful and possibly very useful in a criminal case.

Ambien may help you sleep but it's likely you will be privy to night terrors, hallucinations, and severe sleepwalking events. Something called 'sexsomnia' was also prevalent.  Who can rest with all that going on?

Once-just once, I would like to hear of-or be prescribed some drug that erases wrinkles, causes quick and permanent weight loss, with noticeable improvement of vision and hearing.  Athleticism would be ratcheted up a few notches.  A sense of happiness and well being would overcome you and life would appear through rose colored glasses.  Good fortune would surely come your way.  What a cool thing that would be.

Maybe someday.  Till then I guess I'll just stick to my tried and true panacea.  Good 'ol M&M's!  Eating them, I am quite overcome with joy even though I do drool a little.

Have a great week and enjoy some M&M's-the red and green ones!  XO

No comments: