Monday, December 3, 2018

'Tis the Season...

I  think I need an injection.  Yep, some kind of shot is due.  And I don't mean the occasional B12 that keeps me level.  Or some Schnapps with Nicole. This calls for serious assistance.  

I simply am not in the holiday spirit.  Mini rant-why do we call it the "Holiday's?"  We celebrate November 22 and then muddle along or freak out-you pick-until December 24.  Seems there is room for one more 'holiday' between those two days.  May I suggest one that doesn't include tons of extra effort coupled with feelings of inferiority?

Neighbors have their yard lights out and I see decorated Christmas trees in some windows.  I still have my autumn wreath on my front door and my tree is still in the basement.

I have to admit that the Sunday temps were a welcome respite, but that sunny day was just a tease.  It may as well snow because that's our December reality.

Last week we received our first Christmas card.  I have not yet purchased much less signed and sent out mine yet.  I still have time, right?

My Pinterest and YouTube is rife with holiday decorating ideas.  I used to totally over decorate making my house like a mini-Bronners.  Now, the tree and a Christmas Starbucks mug seem enough.

I've noticed that the malls are packed.  The shopping frenzy has begun-with out me.  I hate Christmas shopping-the pressure is too much.  I'm far too impatient to park a mile away and stand in line for more than 2 minutes.  I'll just donate as usual.

Now, here's a little positivity.  I am looking forward to some holiday parties, tasty treats and I DO sing along with the Christmas carols.  That's all I got.

Any advice?  Are you 'feelin' it?  Let me know if you have any ideas for me.  

Have a wonderful week. OXOXO









2 comments:

jrthumbprints said...

The Holidays always bring me back to one nagging issue: What is it that I've done that my own flesh and blood would ignore me for seven years now? What can Xmas do for me? Answer: Make me count each year as I wait for that one special moment. I might as well wait for Santa.

jodi said...

J.R. Stop taking the blame for a choice that was never yours! You did nothing wrong and only time will illustrate that. It's a loss, tho and for that, I feel your pain. Take care, my friend. xo