Monday, February 18, 2019

Light on...

Do not believe all the things you tell yourself!

Recently at my gym a bunch of us 'chickies' were conversating after class.  Hot and sweaty in a mirrored room lead to some pretty ugly observances.  Everybody had their say at what was wrong with their body parts, skin conditions and just general aches and pains.  If you were just listening and not seeing us, you would have thought you were in a nursing home instead of in a room with reasonably fit women all sporting a natural glow, after an hour of boxing!  Some of the comments were so brutal.  Childbirth, illness, and of course age had done what is to be expected to all of us.  But we show up and fight the good fight.  It's truly the best we can do..

So when are we going to stop hating ourselves?  How much more time will we waste dissecting our flaws?   I pointed out that it is unreasonable to expect our shape to be the same as our 30 year old bodies.  Are we really so egotistical to believe that it (aging) won't happen to us?  Ridiculous.

Then came the regrets. I had a piece of chocolate cake at a birthday party last weekend.  I had beer!  And I had pizza, came the list of crimes.  I finally spoke up and asked,  "Who tells us that we are not good enough?  And why do we believe it.?  What could we do with the time and space that negativity takes up?"  As one of the senior girls in the class, I guess my perspective is a little different.

I plan to eat the cake and drink the wine and make an effort to go easy on the pizza all mixed in with a dose of self-respect and tolerance.

Stay warm and healthy my fellow, Goddessess! xo



1 comment:

Jill said...

Love this Jodi! So sad we are not coming down to see you and Randy this March.