Monday, September 27, 2010

The Boogie That Be....


No, I did not fall off the face of the earth....
My AT & T has been acting up so my wireless and cable has been spotty at best. The service man will be here between 8:00 and 12:00 tomorrow to check it out. I won't get into the boring particulars of the whole service call because we have all had to make those calls and it is never very pretty. I love the whole 4 hour window--as if I have nothing better to do than wait around for him to get here and then fix the damn thing. But what choice do I have? Having service go in and out is sooooooo irritating..

So, the lack of telly and computer has me reading like a crazy person. I LOVE my Ipad I never thought I would say it, but I even enjoy perusing the virtual library. I don't find it to be a big money saver, however, because I usually bought my books used. I have read the Steig Larrson trilogy and am anxious to see the movie--both the original subtitled one and the one with the darling Daniel Craig starring in it. I have read at least 3 memoirs and a number of 'beach reads'--none of which I will admit the titles to. I promise to read something with some substance soon.

I find it very convenient to be able to enlarge the font sizeto accommodate my aging eyeballs. The back lit screen makes reading in bed without an otherwise glaring light also very nice. It's like I have a new best buddy! No regrets on the Ipad and I would recommend it highly.

The combination of the weather and the extra time has me in the kitchen. Baking. Yes, altho I've barely turned on the oven this whole summer, this fall finds me whippin' up some sweet treats. Today it was Apple Crisp and Pumpkin Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies. Yummy for the tummy! And the house smells delicious, too.

I will cut this thing off for now, as my AT & T may blink out at any moment. Besides, I gotta hurry and order "The Flat Abs Diet" on my Ipad!

Enjoy the crisp weather--while it lasts, cuz you know what's on the way......xo

7 comments:

the walking man said...

Shoot me an email when you get you fixins fixed got a couple of things to talk with you about.

Charles Gramlich said...

I may eventually get an Ipad, or its successor.

Unknown said...

Are those the Pumpkin Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies that I revamped for you? I feel like making those too! Glad you like your Ipad, I'm still a Kindle girl myself!

Heff said...

At&t screwed me a week or so ago.

After I called in to complain, the problem miraculously FIXED ITSELF.

Hmmm....

Erik Donald France said...

Here's to the crips weather and having things run well. I also hate waiting on "windows." The Ipad sounds pretty cool; and I'mwith you on the fonts.

JR's Thumbprints said...

I hope you downloaded the ebook I designed: "The Clarity of Night, Vol. I." If not, be sure to check it out on that fancy Ipad.

jodi said...

Mark, lets get together SOON! I miss u. xo Charles-You won't be sorry. Kells-Yes those very same cookies. The ipad has was more features that I like AND it's a full on computer. Heff-we had three techs this week out and they rewired the whole thing. We are STILL having blips tho. Grrr....Hey Erik-the portability of the ipad as a computer rocks! Get one, dude! JR0-I have to check and see if Ibooks has it. Do you know? xo to all Enjoy the fall! xo