Friday, September 3, 2010

These are Days.....


Happy Labor Day! What a long, hot glorious summer it's been. Cheryl and I have celebrated the hell out of it..But it's over (sigh). Kiddies are back in school and the nights are gettin' chilly. And it was great fun while it lasted.
Last week I read an article encouraging us to 'start now to get done before the holidays.' Really? Like, now? Why? Micheal's is helping us by putting out the Christmas decorations. Already.

Years ago, I alleviated most of the stress by eliminating the gift buying thing. I love to shop, but hate the deadline pressure thing. I shop and buy all year round, but am more liable to give it to the person right away instead of on Christmas Day. I prefer a kind of 'treasure hunt' approach to the whole thing. So, no real stress there...

It was hinted at that we could bake our sugar cookies now and then freeze them till December. I can't even imagine missing out on the lovely smell of cinnamon and chocolate on a snowy day while enjoying a hot cup of cocoa. O.K., I've never really DONE that, but it sounds cool. I can, however, be counted on to simmer up some mulling spices. And eat Mom's cookies.

So, my big plan is to let fall unfold the way it should. I'm gonna admire the changing leaves, drink fresh cider and maybe eat a caramel apple. I adore looking at Halloween costumes and planning out what this years 'get up' may be. That's about as far as I can plan ahead. Why rush things? Live in the moment and somehow it all just 'happens'. Have a good week--it's gonna be a short one! xoxo

12 comments:

JR's Thumbprints said...

Pleeeease don't talk about fall or winter. After too much Peach Festival (Beer Tent), I haven't closed my pool.

Heff said...

Now THAT'S a damn nice pair.....of drinks !

Anonymous said...

My God I'm gonna miss summer! Though suddenly I do have the urge to visit the Gland Canyon post haste.

Charles Gramlich said...

I'm fortunate that Lana isn't into the gift giving thing either so Christmas is really a pretty laid back time for us. and that's just the way I like it.

rosegarden said...

love the cnanging colors outside. Dont forget the brachs candy corn and salty peanuts!!! Yummy. Not ready for cool temps just yet. Lunch sounds good.

Karl said...

Good afternoon Jodi,

The one downside to fall is the disappearance of bathing suit clad beauties.

Mona said...

I wonder when the summer is going to end here. Its still so darn stifling hot here, accompanied by the weather change illnesses ( conjunctivitis, influenza, viral fever, Dengue, Malaria and Swine flu, to name a few)

But I did not suffer from those. I have a congenital heart disease that surfaces at times...

Travis Erwin said...

Help Doctor. i see spots.

Erik Donald France said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Erik Donald France said...

Love it! And yes, right on about leisurely gifts not pinned down by the calendar -- it's weird seeing Christmas stuff up at Macy's already, Halloween stuff and everything in between. . .

jodi said...

JR-too many 'peaches'? Heff-Awww, spanks--I mean thanks! Wil-there is still time to visit Red er....Rock! Charles-soooo much simpler. Rose-have already indulged in our fav fall treat. Try the Jelly Belly Candy Corn--the best! Karl-you are sweet and we are covering up! Mona-darling, be well for goodness sakes! Travis-take 'two' and call me in the morning! Erik-I am nodding! Check out new post for nod to you! Thanks all you sweet and otherwise (Wil) commenters! I promise no more skin till next summer. Luvs yas..xoxo

Anonymous said...

Bottle Cleavage,Nice!