Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mamma Mia...


Happy Mothers Day to all you Moms, Grandmas and special friends of children-young and old. We literally would not be here without you and one day is not nearly enough time to express our gratitude for everything you have done for us.

I was in Ossineke this past weekend for my traditional Moms Day visit and had a nice time with my 97 year old Gramma who can remember most every detail of the birth of her two children. Rock on, Grannie! My own Mom, after raising us 3 hooligans is now a proud Gramma of 8. She sacrificed anything and everything for us and I have the fondest childhood memories you can imagine. After school chocolate cake and milk, wonderful holidays, support in my gymnastic and cheerleading efforts, and family vacations, not to mention constant help with the raising of my son. Mom ran crowd control, refereed fights and kept us from killing each other. And nothing will ever compare to those times. After a wonderful breakfast, I brought my Mother back here with me for a few days visit where we will be enjoying some relaxing, fun time. Plan to shop, catch up on family stuff, and drink a little vino. The Red Wings are on tonight and will need our undivided attention and unbridled cheering if they are gonna pull off the miracle we need to win this series. Go Wings!


I also had lunch (4 and a half hours!) with an old and dear friend that is THE ultimate mother. She adopted a family of three children when they were tots and has raised them to be loving, caring and happy adults. How lucky and blessed were they to have found this jackpot in her loving arms! Baby, your the best.


And then there is my buddy who lost his mother this year. May the memories of his MomAngel comfort him today as he surely misses her. Heaven is richer in her warm presence. xo


I hope all of you had a wonderful day however it shook out for you. Celebrate the love for Mom today and everyday. xo

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am a proud mother as well.

Heff said...

I luv my Muva.

JR's Thumbprints said...

I enjoyed spending Mother's Day with my mom as well. She's been very supportive of me throughout the years.

Michelle's Spell said...

Happy Mother's Day, beautiful! Can't wait to see you in a couple of weeks --mark out May 21st for a big party. Will email you the details. xo

Erik Donald France said...

Very sweet ~~ a salute!

With any luck, I'll be visiting with my parents in NC at the end of the month.

rosegarden said...

Hope you had a wonderful mother's day with your family. Hope your grandma is doing well. I had a nice weekend getting Sarah ready for prom and spending time with my mom!! Happy spring! Go Tigers!!

jodi said...

BamaTrav-your a good boy! Heff-let me on your site Mutha effer! JR-Moms are the BEST support. Michelle-I have saved the date, so send me the deets! Can't wait!Erik-thanks buddy. Enjoy your Mom time!Rose-Had a great one. Go Tigers! Thanks all y'all for dropping by. Luvs ya, babes. xoxo