Sunday, May 22, 2011

Rapture...

Rapture? So what the hell was that all about? I never bother to get too hung up on these 'predictions' such as this or any other possible disaster. I never got hysterical and stocked up on water and provisions in case of Y2K or even a Michigan snowstorm. Seems we are never snowed in more than a day, and even then I can soldier on without milk and bread for a morning or two. Gives me a chance to get creative with some of those mystery packages in my freezer in fervent hope that one of them is my mom's German Apple Coffee cake. My true worries involve having enough vodka and/or wine to get thru the weekend without having to endure Kroger during crush time. So forgive me if my cynical ass found myself not surprised to NOT have had myself saved-along with the rest of the world. I still have bills to pay, weight to lose and flowers to plant. Business as usual. Thank goodness.

After Saturday dawned without incident, and without any eminent danger, I was free to continue with planned events. I headed downtown to a cool watering hole with some faces you may have met if you follow this scribbling I do on Sundays. It was a belated birthday get down for Michelle of Michelle's Spell, and sister Beth-always a delight- was here visiting. Oh, and of course, Baby Grouchy (Michelle's mascot and possible love child) was in attendance and could be found trying to get a buzz through fur absorption. And at our table, He stood a very good chance of this! Jim of J.R's Thumbprint endured my driving lack-of-skill, where we hooked up with Mark of Walking Man fame and professional hugger status, and I got to meet and get to know Erik of Erik's Choice-totally my pleasure. Twas a fun evening that flew by in what seemed like a few minutes.

Sooo, "Rapture" will continue to be the Blondie tune with the crazy lyrics that we used to sing along to in a Debbie Harry monotone voice. And those friends of mine-thanks to you all. I had a blast and hope we can do it again. SOON! xo

8 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

Blonde. Man I haven't thought of that singer in a long time. I used to like it. Probably still do if I would listen to it.

JR's Thumbprints said...

I don't know what it is ... but it's so nice to read your blog from my old perching ground. As long as I've got that court order in my pocket, I'll remain free. Now I need a new key to the house; seems the locks have been changed by ... gulp ... the rooster next door.

your friend, JR

Erik Donald France said...

Totally fun time, Jodi ~~ loved it! Very fun to meet you and w/the other Macomb style blogger posse folks in the Big D ~~ cheers !

Anonymous said...

The Motor City Burning Press all in one room? Nice pic Jodi. JR
the process is evolving...missing the comments. Huck and his gang.

Mona said...

Wow! I am almost envious!
That must have been quite a party and a team to hang out with!

rosegarden said...

looks like a wonderful time!! Have a great holiday weekend!!

jodi said...

Charles-they still rock! JR=Aww, thanks Buddy. Erik-and what a posse it was! Fun times! Anon-why thank you very much! Mona, it was a fun night that could only have been better if YOU were there! Rose-U too,Girl! oxx

the walking man said...

Wadda evening it was!