Sunday, May 1, 2011

Pink Cashmere...

Crossing Hall road on Saturday, when the waves of nausea hit me, I thought the incessant stop and go traffic of a busy afternoon was causing that feeling in my gut known as 'car sickness'. Somewhere around Pontiac, after walking around a Target parking lot, I decided it really was some kind of fast-hitting flu bug. The fact that I had NO urge to do a 'Target run', clinched the diagnosis. Skipping planned party destination and turning around to head back home was the only 'run' I could get wrapped around. Dry heaving in a parking lot is decidedly NOT glamorous.



Sooo, spent the last two days sleeping and recovering from what turned out to be a 24 hour bug. Watched endless HGTV and read when my eyes could focus. Even treated myself to ice cream without any heed for calories--it really is the only 'flu worthy' food! And finally, at this late hour on Sunday, I am feeling human and even plan to meet Walking Man (Mark) for java and chatties tomorrow. Watch out friends, your ears may be ringing! (Michelle, Jim)

********Just in-Osama Bin Laden is dead! May his evil soul rot in hell.*********

To the rest of you lovelies, Happy May Day. I think spring is finally here! xo


P.S. In lieu of my still wan appearance, I am posting a pic of a mermaid painting I did for dear friends Mark and Marty who accused me of doing a self-portrait. Moi? Silly boys....xo



9 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

Glad you are feeling more "J-ish" again. The failure of the shopping urge was worrisome there for a moment. :)

JR's Thumbprints said...

That painting would matches my temporary Hello Kitty room. Unfortunately I can't hang a painting on a wall I do not (or even do) own. Hope you're feeling better.

JR's Thumbprints said...

oops ... I meant "match" or I could've deleted "would." hmmm... Maybe it's a subliminal message regarding a fire.

Anonymous said...

I shot his ass, don't believe what you read.

Mona said...

Love the painting!

I have been feeling the same , the flu the nausea and food sickness and all!

Heff said...

"Waves of Nausea" was Butlik's 3rd album.

Anonymous said...

"waves of nausea they pull me under, frayed ends of vomiting, hear them calling, hear them calling me."

Erik Donald France said...

The mermaid is really cool, Jodi!

I will not recommend Sarte's Nausea at this juncture ;-> Glad the bug is out the door.

jodi said...

Charles-I got well and made up for the temporary lack of sanity involving Tarjhay! JR-You WILL get a wall of your own soon, of this I am sure! BamaTrav-so is he dead? Mona-thanks dear, you are so kind. Don't you hate those symptoms? Heff-Hey! Let me on your sometimes nausea inspiring blog! Erik-Thanks. Yes, I am healed! Thanks for all the good thoughts, pals....xoxo to all