Sunday, September 25, 2011

Just Can't get Enough....



Okay, so now I've become one of those weenies that take a picture of herself while driving. I was not ACTUALLY driving, but at a light when I tried out the feature on my phone that allows self photographing, by letting you actually see yourself as you do it. Astounding huh?


Actually, the only place it seems I've been lately is in my car. I've put a gajillion miles on poor Denzel Washington this week! Had errands, hospital visits, and shopping junkets that had me runnin' the roads. The shopping included many Lowe's and Sherwin Williams visits as the house is being painted. My front door is now a stunning shade of 'copper rose'-thanks to my Mom who painted all three of my exterior doors! Dodging raindrops from the storms that were in and out of the area made the job even more challenging. Home owning is constant maintenance and I will be happy when the day comes to move into a condo. Girlfriend is gettin' tired...


And then there was that crazy police officer that just had to remind me that Denzel was cruising 5 miles over the posted speed limit, one block from my house. Yes, I got another ticket-this one in my driveway, (how convenient) for my lack of self control. $120.00 was the price of that little reminder, and no, I do not want to go to traffic school to have the points removed. Sheesh, you'da thought I committed a capital offense. It happened during one of our rainstorms and the good 'ol boy got soaked to the skin while issuing said ticket. Hope you don't catch a cold-NOT!


AND then, just to add insult to injury, while attempting to parallel park on a busy street in Royal Oak, I sorta sideswiped the car ahead of me. When will I learn to NEVER attempt such a feat? It was only by the skin of my teeth that I even passed that section of drivers training and apparently I've not improved my skill all thatmuch. The other guy had little to no damage, but Denzel suffered a long scar on his 'cheek'. Grrrrrr.r..r..r.... The Popo was more forgiving this time and did not ticket me. Oh, there was the usual head shaking and tongue clucking and I could read the thought bubble that something about 'women drivers'. Oh, hells bells. Luckily my collision dude is gentle with me and Denzel....


Why is it that the busier you seem, the more likely this shit happens? And since I have slipped my L7 disc, these events were even physically painful. Nothing like a little constant, stabbing back pain to improve your mood. My chiro-cracker and masseuse have helped some, but DAMN that shit hurts! I have a little more painting to do, and with any luck I won't be in traction by next week. Cross your fingers, say a prayer, take a lap around the rosary beads-just do what ya gotta do. I need all the help I can get.. xo

7 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

A ticket for five over! Geeze, that sucks. I tell you the police sure do grub for money.

Heff said...

Quotas, quotas...

the walking man said...

I can get you to be able to parallel park in twenty minutes time. No sweat unless of course you like having to go to the body shop?

Anonymous said...

Oh gosh my sides are hurting from laughing! Sorry but your life could be a sitcom! I agree with Charles that is what is going on these cities are so desperate for money they will get you for anything..five over that is seriously crazy! Now that parking thing was probably your back, its hard to turn your head and body like that when your back is out. Be careful with all the painting! I am so happy your Mommy came to visit to ya! You always feel better when they are around. Peace and love to you.

JR's Thumbprints said...

... and I let you drive me downtown? Yikes! Oh heck, I've survived much worse.

Erik Donald France said...

Groove-tunes on the pic and being able to see while you take it -- cool.

Tix -- suck. In TX, I've been nailed twice by cops and they came at me like gangbusters. However, only warnings so far, once the dust settled. JR's quip - evil!

jodi said...

Charles-I know! And where were the po po when I saw the dude doing the illegal U turn! Heff-it totally burns me up! Mark-You are on! I hate going to the shop! Jeano-I loved the visit with my Mommy. She rocks! J.R.- Aww c'mon, where's your sense of adventure? Erik-you got lucky! It IS evil..xo to all of you and as always, thanks for your support. xo