Sunday, November 27, 2011

All Your Life..



As Thanksgiving weekend winds down, I can say that I have much to be thankful for. Very thankful that the traffic up to Ossineke was light, making the drive much more tolerable for my antsy self. Grateful to see that my 97 3/4 year old Grannie is settling in comfortably at the nursing home, and seems very content. She and I love remembering old times when I was a child hanging out at her farm. Spending time with my family who allow me to show up with only a bottle of wine (or two!) in hand and then treat me to a wonderful dinner. My Mom always comes through with the yummy traditional fare and my brother in law treated me to grilled duck-which is my favorite. Spending time with my nephews, Steven and Spencer, is always fun and they are politely indulgent of all my questions and mauling. Rounds of Texas Hold 'em with them provided some needed laughs, with the Lion's defeat filling in with background noise. The weather was superb, and the view at "Little Rapids" was stunning. It was a day as perfect as they come.


But most of all, I was particularly thankful to get back home, put my feet up and tear into a stack of waiting newspapers. Reading thru all the store flyer's made me most grateful of all that I did not have to participate in the Black Friday thing. I have the luxury of shopping during the week, minus the crowds and have found that most of the sales carry over. I shop very little anyways, preferring donations, instead. And cash always works for my nephews!


And what would I do without Tracey, my darling dancing, weight training, boxing instructor who will attempt to beat off all of the 'damage' I've done with my overindulgence. I love her spark and drive that gets my old ass movin' and groovin'!


To my loyal readers and friends, I am continually surprised and grateful. It's your support that makes me smile. Love to you all. xo









4 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

Glad to hear you weren't out there on Black Friday. Saw your pick over on Facebook with a couple of weird looking dudes. :)

the walking man said...

Well you made it over the rainbow and back again now you have to make it through argggg winter!

Charles if you were just a tad weirder looking you'd get hot babes to hang out with you too.

JR's Thumbprints said...

Glad to hear your holidays went without a hitch... this has probably been the most awkward Thanksgiving I've ever had ... especially after the previous year's Turkey Trot with my daughter. Still, I'm thankful for being able to spend time with family . . . and friends of course!

jodi said...

Charles-HeY! Those are two of my favorited Dudes! Sure wish you were available to join us for our coffee chats. They certainly are a hoot! Mark-Yes, I survived. With any luck, I plan to bail the month of March, shortening up the misery of the long winter. Coffee dates will help, too. xo J.R.-all of these 'first year' holidays will be awkward, in the least. But it will get easier, and you have friends who care! Let's not wait so long to hook up next time! xo