Sunday, November 6, 2011

Dream a little Dream...




Did everyone remember to fall back? Turn the clocks an hour to the left? 'Fall back' into bed is what I say! Yes, it's that time again-one of my favorite 'holidays'. What's not to love about Daylight Saving Time? An additional hour of snooze is the only thing expected of you. No gifts or cooking-just more sleep. That extra hour is my idea of heaven.


Anyone who knows me, is aware of my awesome ability to sleep anywhere. If I am not driving, I can clunk out pretty quickly and have been known to sleep thru 3 states! When I fly alone, I have to notify the flight attendant to begin to wake me up in time to disembark as the jet engines purr lull me to oblivion once we hit cruising speed. I love to go boating and am just fine as long as we are zoomin' along, but once we slow down to a trolling speed-forget it. Again, I am passed out and find it annoying to have to move so people can get bait, rods and such.


Most days, happily, I do not have to catch my dozer on the fly. Usually between 2:00 p.m. and 4:00 p.m. I can be found enjoying my 'lay down', with Lola, my little cuddle buddy. It is a luxury that I adore and recommend to you all. Seems like sleep deprivation is blamed for most of our mental and physical health issues. So, get busy! Sleep away!


And on a totally unrelated subject, check out me posing with the current Mr. U.S.A. Steve is a gym acquaintance (and hottie) of mine and recently I had lunch with him and some friends. Steve is a paramedic and fireman (and hottie!) who body builds in his spare time. And gives free nutritional advice to us ladies as we swill wine and eat antipasto at Andiamo. His dad, the chef, hooked us up real well and a good time was had by all.


After lunch I headed home for my customary nap. A full tummy and a little vino made slipping off very easy. And I had plenty to dream about. Steve the bodybuilder (and hottie!), you guess? Hell no! Fresh mozzarella and pasta make for the sweetest dreams of all!


Have a great week and happy slumbers! xxoo


5 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

Christmas time already? that's one well muscled Santa.

the walking man said...

You owe me a date...but I expect you will sleep through it until I get the coffee down your throat. Next week?

Anonymous said...

Glad to see lou ferrigno has a younger brother. I will never forget the Planet Fitness comercial...."I Pikz tings up, and I putz dem down"

Jammin

JR's Thumbprints said...

I wish I could fall back on more than one hour; how about 18 years? Looks like all is well in Jodi-Land. We'll have to get together some time.

jodi said...

Charles-Damn! I forgot to give him my wish list! Mark-I want that date! My Mom is in town till Thursday, so I will call ya after that! Regular,with double cream please! Anon/Ben-Mr. U.S.A. is as smart and sweet as he is muscular! J.R.-No! 18 years is a long time to throw away! You loved and learned and sometimes that is life. You have it rough, but you will grow and be better. I miss u and we will have coffee soon! Thanks for all the support, Guys. Love you. J xo