Monday, December 16, 2013

That's What I Do...

Hello my Sugarplums!  Hope this finds you all snug as bugs in rugs on this cold, snowy night.  I have just came off a week of nutty scheduling that found me attending parties four nights in a row.  That's even heavy for me.  But I persevered and made it to the other side.  By Sunday the end was in sight and tonight I am happy to be in front of my fireplace with my snuggley blanket. 

Wednesday we had our company Christmas party and it was a blast, as usual.  I love touching base with our employees.  Everyone was in a festive mood as fittin' the season.  Thursday was the annual Big Brother/Big Sister Party and my little sister and I tore it up playing skee ball, laser tag and bumper cars.  It's an event we look forward to every year.  Friday night, found us at Andiamo's for the Scinta's Christmas Show.  If you ever get the chance to see the Scinta's-don't miss it.  They are a Las Vegas act that combines comedy, impressions, singing and dancing.  They could get Scrooge AND the Grinch in the spirit of the season!  Saturday the snow made hauling our cookies to Ann Arbor a little treacherous, but I wouldn't have missed our nieces nurse pinning ceremony for the world.  I am proud of Nicole, as she has finished nursing school-no small feat.  She is the perfect combination of beauty, brains and compassion and will make a fine R.N. xo

Whew! I tell ya, I'm getting to old for this craziness.  Not sure when it all got to be so exhausting, but it is.  I have a quiet week ahead and that's just fine with me.  With my tree lights on, I want to just chill, slow down, and read the new Amy Tan. 

Have a wonderful week, my friends, doin' whatcha gotta do!  xoxo

3 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

I am happy to say I had no parties to attend. Whew!

the walking man said...

I am even happier to say because everyone knows I won't show they have quit inviting me.

jodi said...

Charles-it was okay. I don't stay out as late as I once did and don't drink nearly as much. Thank God. I always joke that usually I'd rather be home in bed with a good book. Mark-Well that's just fine and dandy unless it's Jim, Erik, me and the Tiny Texan. Then your presence is REQUIRED!! xo You two babes have a wonderful holiday in your home sweet homes! xo