Monday, March 30, 2015

My Favorite Part of You...

Happy Birthday today to my brother, Steve.  It won't be necessary to say how old he is today-let's just say he is my younger brother-by 18 months.  I can clearly remember being a big sister to that curly haired, hyper little boy.  As a big sister, Steve, was like my own personal baby doll.  I watched over his every move and anticipated his every need.  He did not speak until he was 3, not because he couldn't, but because he didn't need to.  Steve wants milk, Steve is hungry, etc. etc. etc.   As his real live Chatty Cathy, I took care of everything.

Fast forward 50 years or so and you will find us hanging out any chance we get.  We have vacationed together for the past 13 years and we have no intention of stopping the fun anytime soon!

As a little side note, this week was also National Sibling Week.  My sister, Lisa joined me here for a quick visit, so I had the pleasure of vacationing with BOTH my siblings!  How often does that happen?  I feel sorry for 'onlies' who miss out on having a sibling.  There is nothing like close friends that just happen to be family. 

I've heard it said that you can't pick your family.  Guess, I just got lucky.

 Happy Birthday little brother.  xo

4 comments:

Wanderlust Rach said...

Your blog is amazing!! :)) Your words flow so well! You are a great writer who obviously has a passion for what they are writing about! It shows in your work! I would appreciate it if you would check out my blog and let me know what you think in a comment on a post you like! I would love to have a talented writers input! Keep up the great work!!! :))
-Wanderlust Rach <3

Charles Gramlich said...

good to hear you two are so tight!

steve said...

with our dad being gone I seem to be closer to both you and lisa. thank you for 13 years of the greatest vacations possible. I love you both and am looking forward to many more vacations with you and randy. you are truly the greatest friends anyone could ask for.

jodi said...

Wanderlust Rach-Thank you for the great support! I am currently on vacation and will be visiting blogs when I get home. I surely will check you out! Charles-I love my family-they are my best friends! Steve-We love you two and you know your room is always waiting! Have a wonderful, spring week, y'all! xoxo