Monday, March 16, 2015

No Way No...


All sorts of crazygood reasons to celebrate this week.

 Last Friday, on March 13, all Detroiters in the know, acknowledged this as the date that is the numerical same as the area code associated with Detroit, 313.  Not sure exactly why this is of great note, but well, Detroit can give the nod to anything positive these days.  Coincidentally, it was also Friday the 13th.

Then, the very next day on the 14th of March, someone declared this National Pi Day.  Again, I'm a little gobsmacked as to why some nerd thought we should recognize this day nationally.  As a total math dunce, I chose to run out and buy an overpriced, but delicious apple crumb pie.  Whoo hoo-works for me!

And just when you thought all the hysteria was behind you..  On March 15, while I was blithely making my way thru the Marathon Seafood Festival,  the coolest thing evah.....I spot a real life mermaid.  Yes, there she was selling sea shells or some shit by the seashore!  OMG, turns out she loves a good photo op and was all too pleased to pose with me.  Dreams do come true people!

So anyway, now that I've survived this trifecta, or hat trick if you will of nuttiness, what do you think will happen tomorrow?  Yes, me and my merry band of revelers will make our way to Key West to be Irish. There will be the wearin' o' the green, and the singin' o' the songs, there may even be the drinkin' o' the whiskey, as we celebrate St. Paddy's Day.  Erin Go Braugh and all that.  God save me..

 Have a great week and watch out for mermaids, leprechauns and unicorns!  xoxo

3 comments:

the walking man said...

Jodi glad you're having a good time.

313 has now been taken over into thug speak for badass.

Pi day WAS actually PIE day too.

As a full 1/2 Scots/Irish i think I will stay sober, off the roads and wear black all day-why change? I don't need a shower yet.

SEND HEAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Erik Donald France said...

Hey hey, Jodi, oh yes ~! Strange and wonderful days, indeed ~ great pic, too ~!

jodi said...

Mark, don't ever change...didn't know you were Irish! Erik-Strange and wonderful is how I like it. xo Thanks, as always, for your comments friends! xo