Monday, September 14, 2015

For Those About to Rock...

We salute you!  Holy Hell's Bells!  Can you believe AC/DC is still rockin' it hard?  Can you believe our old asses still are?  Well, believe it.  Ford Field was the site for this crazy sight.  The boys were Back in Black and did not disappoint as they beat out every one of their tunes that made them famous.  Beers were spilled and the air was thick and 'suspect'.  The users looked the other way.  There were fireworks and the inevitable cannons. And don't forget the bell!  No introductions, no stories, no nuthin'.  Just 3 hours of hard drivin', kick ass rock.  Brian Johnson looks and sounds just like he did 20 years ago-newsboy cap in place as he delivered the vocals.  Skinny little Angus came out in his usual attire and systematically stripped down, thankfully stopping at just his shorts as the show went on.  His trademark step still brings the audience to it's feet.  Sweating like mad, he ran around with that fish out of oxygen look on is face and flopped around  like a dead fish while madly not missing a beat.  The people watching was supreme with all of us old rockers relieving our glory days. 

I didn't even have the show on my radar, but jumped when the tickets became available.  Glad I did it-don't want to do it again.  Those old boys Rocked Me all Night Long, while totally kickin' my ass!
Taylor Swift, Eagles, AC/DC with Madonna in October and Stevie Wonder in November.  I'm just about 'concerted' out or will be soon.

How about y'all tell me about your first or favorite show?  I'll be waiting... xo

3 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

I bet they still put on a grand show.

the walking man said...

First Cat Steven Ford Auditorium--last REO Speedwagon Santana and The Stones July 27th, 1979 Oakland California. By then I had seen every major band playing the world, too many folkies to remember, including Dylan and George Harrison with Ravi Shankur, but the best of all was Bowie in a 3000 seat theater around 1974 in Philadelphia--it was recorded and made into the David Live album. The Who though--my Beatles--them I never saw if Kieth Moon was still alive I'd pay the price. I did get to see Led Zepplin though before Bonham died that was one hell of a good show too. But by 1980 they started to act like gods all and people thought the music as a religion and you know how i feel about religion.

jodi said...

Charles- They did! Amazing performers. Mark-OMG you saw some classics! I loved all of those bands and dream of seeing Bowie. You are right, tho. They did get a little big for their britches. Thanks for the answer-I know know you better. xo