Tuesday, November 17, 2015

La boheme...

My thoughts this week are in Paris with the families of those who died or were injured..  Senseless tragedy is like a death to me, causing me to re-evaluate the important things in life and face my mortality.  If you lost your life or the life of a loved one tomorrow, what would you change today? 

I am trying to do my best to be the best I can be.  Being the most impatient person in the world, I will try not to sigh and shift to foot while in line for my coffee.  Instead, I will be grateful that I can afford that overpriced luxury.  I'm gonna make an effort to be nicer, you never know what's gone on in someones' world that effects their day.  I will be slower to judge and quicker to accept.

And I promise to be more thoughtful.  And I will pray-not only for Paris, but for all of the world's suffering.

Have a full and grateful week, mon ami's.   xo

3 comments:

Erik Donald France said...

Hi Jodi, d'accord !

These kinds of abrupt events inspire us to "re-evaluate the important things in life and face my mortality," as you phrased it nicely. (Plus another study says coffee is good for us ~ yes ~!)

If immediate friends and family died, I would probably move to somewhere like Madrid for a while to decompress and regroup. After that, wide open question.

Charles Gramlich said...

I find that those people who say this kind of thing about striving to be a nicer person are usually pretty nice already. It's the folks who think they are already perfectly nice who make up the assholes of the world

jodi said...

Erik-I think you are already a person that grabs life by the azz and lives it fully. I admire that so much. xo Charles-That's interesting and I think I may agree with you. Have a wonderful week, Dolls. xoxo