Monday, November 2, 2015

Times to Die...

Happy November!  What a crazy few days it has been.  Friday night found us in Ann Arbor for one of the coolest and most unique wedding celebrations ever.  Friends Stephanie and Chris pronounced their vows in a Halloween Eve themed nuptials.  Held at the Michigan Theatre, the old gothic setting was perfect.  The black and silver decorations punctuated with decorated black branches were elegant.  I loved the black cake with the hugging skeletons on top.  The snack bar was open and we all had fresh popcorn and 'theatre' candy as well as cocktails.  The strolling buffet was an incredible mixture of roasted root vegetables and pulled pork sliders with everything in between.  Shot glasses with various desserts were mouth watering.  A ten piece band on the stage played everything you could wish to hear at a wedding.  Needless to say, it was an amazing event.  All the best to the bride and groom.

Saturday found us with another rainy Halloween.  Friends hosted a garage party and I was surprised at how many children braved the elements.  And there were plenty of treats for us big kids, too!

On Sunday, helped some friends move into a condo while marveling at the perfect weather that obscenely held off till after Halloween.  It was all a Michigan fall day should be.  (It would have been nice if the Lions would have won, though!)  I also took a moment to consider All Saints Day.  Remembering family and friends that have passed made me melancholy as I considered my loss and heaven's gain. 

And on Monday, I had a coffee date with Mark.  (Walking Man)  Mark has been helping me with a very special project that I will be sharing with you all soon! 

Life goes on, one little moment at a time.  The spooky, the sweet, the beautiful and the reflective-it's all good.

xoxo

4 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

Curious about that special project!

the walking man said...

Charles, no comment from here.

Jodi--yeah busy weekends make for--well whatever the hell comes afterwards, i don't remember not having had a busy day in years. did get my ride fixed though.

Erik Donald France said...

Yes, it's all good ~! Sounds nifty-fifty all down the line . . .

jodi said...

Charles- I will share soon! Mark-gotta call you. I got 'Word'!!! Erik-I need R n R!! Thanks for all your support-you three are the best~!! xxoxo