Monday, November 23, 2015

Love's in need of Love Today...

After being 'separated' since Labor Day, sister in law extraordinaire and I finally hooked up!  She arrived at my house on Saturday afternoon and we spent hours catching up.  Then, after a little fluffing up, climbed into her little red Jeep and made our way downtown to the Joe to catch the Stevie Wonder, "Songs in the Key of Life" concert.  Did I mention that it was the first blizzard of the year?  Yes, it was a slow ride with greasy, unsalted roads full of Detroiters re-learning how to drive in the winter.  But we made it and waltzed into Andiamo for a little pre-show wine and dine.  Later lady luck blessed us as we found a front row parking spot near the door and did the dumb chickie thing by running in heels up the stairs to the Joe.  It is certainly true that being a woman has it's own share of self-inflicted torture!

After finding the nearest booze line, we located our seats and got comfortable.  Stevie was only a little politely late.  The stage was filled with 30 to 40 people at all times including his band, back up singers, a choir, the string section from the Detroit Symphony Orchestra as well as lovely dancers.  Stevie Wonder is pure love-in case you didn't know it.  He just is a giant love sponge.  He spoke of his wish for world peace and love.

He sang all of his tunes perfectly and I was surprised to hear that he still had his pipes.  His band did solos that showed off their particular talents and the vocalists treated us all to a verse of their favorite tunes.  Stevie's show was the sixth concert I have been to this year and I'm happy to say the last.  I think he is the last of the musical legends that I need to see.  He was fabulous and even did a few of his cute 'blind' jokes.

His songs make me smile and remind me of specific times in my life and I'm happy to have had the privilege of seeing and hearing him with Sissy.

He's simply a bundle of love-and I think that's just what the world needs right now.

Thank you, Stevie.  You truly are a Wonder. xoxo

3 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

An experience to remember. Hearing STevie Wonder. Cool!

the walking man said...

Little Stevie Wonder ain't no Bob Marley but what the hell as long as you got yo groove on it's all good.

jodi said...

Charles-He's amazing! Mark-Bob ain't no Stevie either!! Love to you two. xo