Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Love to love you Baby....


You may call me a freak, but I am a freak for Valentines Day. Sure its easy enough to enjoy when you have a special someone (and I do!) but, solo celebrations certainly have their merit. Many years I have used this for an excuse (as if I've ever needed one) for a lesson in, ahem, "self love." Paper hearts? Who needs 'em? Godiva? Hershey's still makes my favorite dark chocolate. Red roses are a little morbid for me, (one too many creepy anonymous deliveries), but the spring starter bulbs for tulips, paper white and the such are available to remind us that spring is just around the corner. Maybe down the street and around the corner, but on the way nonetheless. I get enough fine dining to consider a big bowl of popcorn to be the ultimate in culinary delight. But, it has to be made in a pan, with real butter and lotsa salt. Carbs and bloat be damned! Champagne is so festive and you can use it to toast your FABULOUS self! Lone bubble baths can be accompanied by a good read that can be less dangerous as half drowning (literally) in the throes of passion! I think you get the idea. So, enjoy yourself and indulge in whatever works for you. And even if you hate the day, tell someone that you care about that they are special--and make their day. You don't even have to shave your legs.... xoxoxo Happy Birthday to my Gramma Iola who is 94 years young today. She loves the Tigers and can still rock a one armed bandit. LuvLuv! Also my precious Lola (my little Bengal cat) who is 3 today. All love xoxox

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Valentines Day to all. Indulge in your favorite thing today, whatever that may be!!!
Happy birthday Lola. XOXOXO!

Michelle's Spell said...

Happy Valentine's Day, honey! Hope you're having a wonderful one. I love your post on this -- it made me smile. Great picture!