Sunday, February 17, 2008

Sunday mornin' comin' down......


After waking up yesterday with "no way to hold my head that didn't hurt", today I feel reasonably recovered from what was a 12 hr. flu bug--not a hangover suffered because of 2 beers at the Wings game. Spent all of Saturday just chillin', tubin', sleepin' and rehydratin'--flu being the ultimate excuse for just being checked out. However, doin' nothing while you are sick is not nearly the luxury it is while you are healthy. Listlessness, sweats, and headache make even reading a chore. But, it's Sunday, I feel almost human, and the possibilities are endless. I could run out to T.J.Maxx just to make sure there is nothing I can't live without for my upcoming vay cay...or do a "Target run" just to stock up on those 2 oz. travel sizes, and check out that fun $1.00 section....Definitely Kroger is a must because there is very little in the way of chow here--a fact I didn't care about yesterday when fat free fudge sickles were just fine. Whipping up a gourmet dinner will necessitate something other than just the chocolate/ice cream food group. Hmm.m..m. A good walk along the 16 mile path surely would be invigorating and the fresh air would feel great, or at least a little time upstairs bonding with my treadmill or elliptical. Overwhelming possibilities indeed. BUT,--hold on now-- I may be mistaken', but all this thought as given me or just reawakened my slight headache. The weather looks positively nasty--driving must be treacherous! Black Betty doin' a slip slide (shiver!) would be way too hard to handle with my strength ebbing and all. Besides what with all the vile germs and viruses, I just can't be too careful. Kroger is usually packed on Sunday and I could always call Jets. Exercise would surely bring about those pesky sweats and possibly a soaring temperature. Way too risky. Maybe if I moved from the couch to the love seat, the change of locale would make it more comfortable to get back into that book.....or maybe a cheesy Lifetime movie.....Forget it. Maybe I just better take it easy after all. Better safe than sorry, right? I think two Tylenol's and a fudge sickle are in order..... xo

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwww...feel better sweety!!!! Better to be safe then sorry no doubt...You made the right choice!!!
~Stacey

Anonymous said...

The Bibliophile said: Try the Lindt white chocolate truffle balls at the back checkout counter at the Borders on Kercheval in Grosse Pointe. Scrumptious.

Anonymous said...

Pizza lover said: Jets is so fine. The corner pieces especially.

Erik Donald France said...

Hey jodi,

hope you feel better "right soon"
as we Southerners say ;)

Cheers,
E'

Anonymous said...

Glad you are feeling better. I miss my work out buddy. Wait, I think T J Maxx Is calling!!

Anonymous said...

What, no shout out for my B-day?

Anonymous said...

Nice shot! By the smile on yo face it looks like u had a little more than juice in 'THAT' cup!

I bet that was a rough Sunday morning going down!

Anonymous said...

Nice smile. Very pretty mouth!
Wish I was the straw.